Monday 26 July 2010

Institutional Logos

These are some rough sketches of different ideas for institutional logos. I only really wanted to use 3 in my trailer because I noticed that there are only usually 3 shown in the other trailers I researched.




After doing some rough sketches, I made my two favourite logos larger and in a bit more detail. I wanted something that would fit in against a black background and look professional as I thought some of my ideas looked somewhat cheesy. I also wanted something that wouldn't be extremely difficult to construct when making my products. "Daylight Shadows Productions", "Kaleidoscope Pictures" and "New Rose films" are the ideas I went with because I thought they achieved my goals and I thought they looked quite independent and believable.



This would be a distribution logo, and "New Rose Films" would be a financier's logo.

"Rise" is the title of my film. I didn't want a complicated title, just something big, bold and simple to contrast with the idea of the film. The only real detail is that the letters are slightly unevenly spaced, which is deliberate and I like.
The release date (below) is a logo that is in the same kind of font as the title. This is because these two things are commonly in the same font, and it creates continuity. I have chosen the release date to be November 19th because this is a Friday and most films are released on a Friday, I also hope to have completed my productions by then. However, if I haven't I will change this during production, keeping the same font.





No comments: