Monday 9 August 2010

Permissions For Locations

Before doing my "recce of location", I thought I should first request permission to be able to film where I want to. Most of the locations are in public places, which should be fine, however, the opening sequence of my trailer is in a car park and I will need permission to shoot here. So, I decided it would be best to ask for permission sooner, rather than later when it may be too late. Here is a screenshot of a letter that I sent to the manager of the Cornmill Centre in Darlington, which has a carpark which should give me a good view of the rooftops and roads in town.
I will wait for a reply, and contact more directly if there doesn't seem to be one. If I am not allowed to film here, I will obviously have to request permission to film somewhere else suitable.

(26th August)



This is a letter of reply that I recieved. After phoning up the manager, as requested in the letter, she confirmed that I would be able to film in this location at a specific time, and sent me this email to clarify this.

No comments: