Monday 9 August 2010

Costume and Props











Costume.
The first half of this video sums up how and why I want my character to dress. I think the 1960's was a time of change and rebellion compared to the previous decades that were home to generations still brought down by the aftermath of the war. 1960's clothes is about difference, thinking for yourself and being a somebody. I think this both matches and contradicts my character because he is an individual and is a somebody, but in doing this, he possibly becomes a nobody to everyone else his age. I really like this link to the past, but I don't think it is clear enough in my products so far, so I think when it comes to writing the scripts that I will have to explain this is in the monologue's he says.

On Thursday 12th September, I took my main actor shopping in Durham, to visit the vintage shops to buy clothing for the retro/60s look I wanted him to have. We went to Durham because I know of some shops that are reasonably priced and it isn't too expensive to get there. This is the place I planned to go : http://www.scarlet-ribbons.co.uk/contact_us.php

This is a photo of the interior, although sadly it isn't very clear.

This top is really mod/60s looking, which I was really pleased with and I think it looks nice. When we actually got into "Scarlet Ribbons", there wasn't as good a selection as I had remembered, and the only things that looked good were things based around a polo shirt design. We got the top above and the one below, which my actor will wear with black straight leg jeans and plimsoles.

Notebook.

This is the notebook that the main character will be seen writing in throughout the film trailer. It originally had a vibrant cover, which I backed in brown paper because I thought it reflected the mood of the film better/ more. Inside the notebook I wanted it to look like a scrap book and quite arty, with a mixture of pictures, newspaper clippings and writing. I began doing this roughly (as can be seen below). I will eventually ask my actor to write down the monologues in it for one shot in the film trailer and I think it looks quite good.

1 comment:

Nicola Naisbett said...

This is excellent Josie....keep adding to this updating as the production progresses.